Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coffee Break

I have a shared office with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The making of coffee in our little office happens with great frequency and is very much enjoyed. I appreciate having all these things along with a desk that I can have coffee at.


What I hate, absolutely hate, is the fact that I have to wash my cup and coffee pot out in the bathroom. There is something about washing dishes in a room that smells like poop that just makes it seem less clean. I know there is no logical scientific evidence that dishes washed in a poop smelling room are less clean, but it still grosses me out. Not to mention that I totally lose my desire for coffee by having to hang out in a poop smelling room.


Now a bathroom has a primary function, we are a floor mainly composed of women and the bathroom is in constant use. So I do don't think the ladies need to be doing stuff in a less smelly manner. I just deeply wish that I could wash my cup and coffee pot out in the lab sink.

But alas, we have an excellent lab manager, who enforces safety codes very stringently.

No comments:

Post a Comment