Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We are not the Kardashians

So one of my vices is reality TV and I have sucked my husband into this as well. A particular show we like to watch and then discuss is Keeping up with the Kardashians. Their semi-scripted shenanigans are fun to watch and make fun of and in there most recent episode the family goes for a super cushy vacation in Bora Bora.


Looks lovely right?

This is the conversation we had before going to bed that night:

Hubbie: "I am sorry I can't take you on a vacation to Bora Bora."
PQA: "But I don't want to go to Bora Bora"
Hubbie: "I wish I could take you to somewhere like Bora Bora, when I am done with law school and making the big bucks"
PQA: "But I don't like beach vacations, I don't want to go to Bora Bora either"
Hubbie: "Fine a vacation like that somewhere that you want to go, I promise we will do it in the future"
PQA: "Why are you so fixated on this vacation thing?"
Hubbie: "I just wish that I could relax like that without worrying about how when I get back from vacation I will have twice as much work to do"
PQA: "We are not the Kardashians. We are normal people, and normal people always have twice as much work to do after a vacation."
Hubbie: grumble. grumble. SNORE

Since he fell asleep mid conversation (again) I am going to finish my thoughts here. The trick to having a relaxing vacation, dear husband, is not to travel halfway across the world to a super humid hot place that is extremely expensive. It is to let go of the work world mind when you go on vacation and not obsess about what you are going to have to do when you get back. You can do that by the pool, or in the mountains, or on your drive home from work. You don't need to go to fucking Bora Bora to get relaxed.

Also I would prefer if you not make the big bucks post law school because that means you will be working 80 hr work weeks for somebody else and we will never see you and you will miss all the cool stuff with our daughter. No vacation in god damn Bora Bora is going to make up for that shit. I would rather you be home at 530 pm every night and not have to commute 2 hrs a day and have our vacations be little weekend trips to the mountains. 

So fuck Bora Bora, is basically what I am saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment